It’s the first of the month and so I find myself doing my monthly accounting of goals. Last month I set out to complete the following goals:
1) NEW WRITING: Yes, I completed this one easily. Although I didn’t get to a conclusion on ToB&L 7, I did add about 10,000 words to it, started that new story about twins, and began a new Pilates blog.
2) THE CEDNA: Check, the revision ended up being a bigger one than I thought (of course) but I finished and sent it out!
3) PROMOTE THE GANTEAN: It was oogey, but I did post a blog about TG and its reviews. I know I need to do more on this one. I am still giving myself a full check because I did a great deal of unexpected “marketing” for the Pedal Zombies Kickstarter, including donating some awesome rewards to help entice people to support it. MOst of my rewards are now taken, but you can still opt in at the $29 level and receive a copy of Pedal Zombies AND a doodled and signed copy of The Gantean.
4) FINISH LINE EDIT ON TAMARA SHOEMAKER’S MARK OF FOUR – Check. Got it done and now she has it out to beta readers.
5) Begin much needed REVISION on ToB&L Book 3. Yes, I began this and I’ve gotten through the first ten chapters. So far, so good. I’ve cut 5000 words and hope to cut about 20,000 more. Tightening up the story flow and removing lots of inconsequential details.
6) CONTEST– Yes, the contest is rolling along. We are on Week Five and you can still submit a story for the round until 6pm PST tonight!
1) New Writing: I’ll keep cranking away on ToB&L 7.
2) 4-5 Pilates Blog Posts: Mainly I mean to post exercises people can do at home, but I’ll mix it up with some of my deep teaching thoughts, too.
3) The Gantean process blog and promo: Since I didn’t do so well on this one last month I’ll try again. I have a blog written about writing The Gantean but I’m am loath to post it. Working up the hutzpah.
4) ToB&L 3 Revision: I’d like to finish this in August.
5) Client line edit: I owe a client a line edit, and I think he’ll be returning the MS to me soon. This one will only happen if I get the MS.
6) Finish researching to costs and benefits of making paperbacks with IngramSpark as well as Createspace. I’m looking into expanding my book design skills to work with IngramSpark. I’m also trying to decide if it is really worth my while.