I think I’ve been posting my monthly goals for at least a year, possibly longer. It helps me stay on track with what I aim to do–especially because I have a tendency to drop everything every so often to chase a plot bunny.
Last month I aimed to:
- Finish MAGE & SOURCE revision. CHECK–although I still haven’t figured out how to untangle some major problems with how to tell this particular story, and the thought of having anyone read it still makes me cringe. I shall persevere and trust that solutions will come by taking a break from the story.
- Post at least 4 new exercises to my Pilates Blog. CHECK
- Blog Post/promote official pub date of The Velocipede Races (APRIL 12!) CHECK, though I admit I’m a little publicity-burned out, so it wasn’t a stellar effort.
- Covers/book descriptions CHECK–I can’t wait to reveal the cover for Sterling, which I plan to do…sometime in May.
- Possible extra credit goal: Blog post about why I bother to do all this. Nope, no extra credit for me this month.
And my May Goals:
- NIGHT QUEEN revision. This is either Book Four or Book Five in Tales of Blood & Light–I’m still figuring out which book should come next. Originally I wrote NQ in 3rd limited, because I thought I was just writing a lengthy flashback for the narrator in ToB&L Book Six. The flashback exploded into its own book, but that means I need to go back and change it into the first-person narration of all the other books in the series. This will be time-consuming, so I’m not going to give myself too many other goals this month.
- Post at least 4 new exercises to my Pilates Blog. I don’t think I’ll stick with it if I don’t make it a goal.
- Blog Post about SOMETHING. See note in #3 above.
- THE BIGGIE: prep STERLING for print! I’m ready to announce that her pub date is JUNE 27th– exactly one year after THE GANTEAN.