Well, for the first time in a while, I really underperformed on my goals. I have no excuse, except that goal number one took me much longer than I expected this month. In other news, my Imitrex prescription has been a life-saver, allaying six migraines in the month of September!
My goals for September were:
- Work on ToB&L Book 4 revision. CHECK. I finished this yesterday, on the final day of the month.
- Finish ToB&L Book 6 revision. No check–didn’t even begin.
- Begin ToB&L Book 5 revision. No check–didn’t even begin.
My goals for October will be:
- ToB&L Book 4 revision. Now that the draft is finally done, I can start editing. Normally I’d let the draft stew for a bit, but this one took me so long to write I feel ready to dive back into the beginning parts– in fact, I’m eager to do so. The draft came out to almost 140K words; I’d like to get it down to 115K or less. This revision pass I’ll be honing the focus of the book, cutting extraneous scenes and information.
- Begin ToB&L Book 5 revision: I really, really want to get started on this one this month, but, after last month, I’m not entirely certain it will happen. I’m putting it on the goals list anyway.
- Other I’m inserting this category because of all the various “other” projects that inevitably sprout up during the month and surprise me. I’m sure some will arise in October.