I ushered out 2017 with a big, long migraine headache yesterday, during which I accomplished very little. I meant to make some progress on one of my December goals and that did not happen. I can’t say I’m sad to see 2016 go–towards the end there it felt like a real slog. There have been many external world issues that have intruded on my writing mind this year, especially this winter, mostly in the form of mental depression, although the noisy construction project next door hasn’t helped, either. Thank goodness for noise-canceling headphones and music or I’d get nothing done.
I don’t generally like to post my yearly goals, since it feels like too long a time frame for realistic projection of my capabilities, so I will stick with my monthly goals.
Last month I planned to:
- FINISH ToB&L Book 5 LIGHT & SHADOW revision. NOPE! I made good progress but I still have several chapter to go to have a finished draft. This one will have to roll over to next month. The good news is that I have have a solid outline for the remaining chapters, finally.
- LIGHT Mage & Source revision. CHECK! It’s ready for my next set of readers and I’m sending it off to them today.
- BRAINSTORMING: CHECK! Tamara and I spent several days and nights brainstorming our next co-write. I’m very excited about this one. It involves music and magic in an old world/eastern Europe setting.
- Other. CHECK! I completed some formatting odd jobs and finished a beta read for Nancy Chenier’s YA fantasy Dragon Sprite.
Goals for January 2017:
- FINISH ToB&L Book 5 revision–this time for real!
- REVISE River Running with Tamara based on beta reader feedback. We have a master document all set up with the revisions we need to make.
- START musical magic co-write: This is a tentative goal, as both Tamar and I want to finish our goals #1 for this month before we begin this project.
- Other. This seems like a good goal category to keep. I’m sure I’ll have more other to report at the end of the month.