I’ve been calling this spring a “headwind season.” It’s been true on my bike and it’s been true in writing. Everything feels a little harder than usual. That said, my exciting news is that Mage and Source (Tales of Blood & Light 4) has finally been whittled into its final form, and it will be coming out in July.
My May goals were:
- LIGHT & SHADOW (ToB&L 5) revision and rewriting CHECK. I did one revision and got through about 2/3rds of another. This book is almost ready for a first reader.
- RE-READ The Eighth Octave Draft CHECK. There are just a few final outstanding issues to resolve, and then this book is also ready for a reader.
- FINISH various formatting jobs CHECK.
My June goals are a bit more ambitious:
- MAGE & SOURCE Final read through! The ebook is formatted an waiting to be read on my kindle!
- Prep LIGHT & SHADOW and THE EIGHTH OCTAVE and send to readers.
- Formatting jobs. (There’s always the next in the cue.)
- BEGIN Tales of Blood & Light BOOK SIX revision.
- Promote Mage & Source pre-order. If it isn’t on the list, it won’t get done.
February seemed to pass too quickly! Even so, it is a great relief to have the days growing longer and to see the sun a little in the morning and the evening.
Though I worked and worked, I didn’t quite manage all my goals this past month, due in part to work and to transportation difficulties caused by landslides. Both of these sucked up some of my writing mornings. I had to let my last two goals go by the wayside entirely just to make any progress on my first two.
- FINISH ToB&L Book 6 revision. CHECK, although the end is still one big snarl.
- REVISE Mage & Source based on new reader feedback. HALF-CHECK. I worked and worked on this and got about two-thirds through. I ended up doing more rewriting than expected.
- START musical magic co-write. NOPE
- READ through newly revised River Running and send to beta readers. NOPE
I’ll be keeping it simple in March as last month I obviously planned for more than I could manage.
- FINISH Mage & Source revision.
- START musical magic co-write.
- READ through newly revised River Running and send to beta readers.
Click on the cover picture above to go to Amazon and get a free ebook of Tales of Blood & Light Book Three, Sterling. The giveaway runs through this weekend, August 19-21. Enjoy!
I received my box of Sterling print copies early, so those of you who prefer print versions can get an early copy starting Monday 6/13 (my birthday!) at Flow or you can order a print version now from Amazon.
If you’d like a signed copy to pick up at Flow–or mailed to you–please contact me directly.
Ebooks will still be out on June 27. You can pre-order an ebook here.