Oops. I really didn’t stick to my goals in July, but I didn’t just drop the ball, I simply shifted my focus.
My July Goals were:
- PUBLISH MAGE & SOURCE This I did accomplish, so CHECK for me. Did you buy it yet?
- WRITE Daughter of Fortune ending. Nope. I received my developmental edit of Light & Shadow back from Tamara Shoemaker and got overly excited about doing rewrites for that, so Light & Shadow became my ToB&L focus for the month.
- WRITE something else-I read over a WIP tentatively called Midnight Oil and realized Book One in the series was more or less a complete draft, and I have been slowly picking through it trying to address some of the more glaring issues in the story.
- CONTINUE to Promote Mage & Source pre-order. CHECK. I did several interviews this month, which I think should count as promotion. I just don’t like promotion.
- FINISH LIGHT AND SHADOW REVISION- This is sure to occupy most of my writing time.
- FINISH MIDNIGHT OIL REVIEW/REVISION- I have about 25% of the book remaining, so this is do-able.
- ATTEND WRITER’S DIGEST CONFERENCE AND PITCH THE EIGHTH OCTAVE!! I head to NYC on Aug 16 to attend the conference, meet Tamara my co-writer, and pitch our book!
- VARIOUS EDITING AND FORMATTING PROJECTS. I’m reading Tamara’s latest project right now, working on a close edit of a biography, and formatting a non-fiction psychology text for a small press.